6.08.2010

End of year gift for teachers [rerun]

Classroom PackEdited to add:
Andrea's readers at a peek inside the fishbowl also have really good thoughts on this topic.

The end of the school year is approaching and it's time to start thinking about gift giving for your child's teacher or caregiver.

Moxie has some great posts with terrific comments about gift giving to teachers. Some of my favourite points include:

  • "If you really want to buy a gift, please please please no cheese balls and teacher mugs or tchochkes or ornaments. The most appreciated gifts I ever got were books, office supplies, or gift cards to Borders and Staples."

  • "The greatest gift your child can give is a handwritten letter -- something like, 'Ms. Maura, this is my favorite class. I really loved the project we did on X. I'm always going to remember you because of X. Thank you for teaching me X.'

  • "So, the best gift is cash on the barrel, closely followed by gift cards to retailers so large and ubiquitous that they are cash equivalents. So cash it is for daycare providers. I don't know what we'll do for teachers once we hit elementary school. Gift certificates to places school supplies are found, plus other stuff, sound great."

  • "Both schools I worked at had policies about accepting checks/cash."
If you feel like you want to send a tangible gift along with your child's handwritten note and / or gift certificate, add a Classroom Pack from Mabel’s Labels – Labels for the stuff kids lose!® For years, teachers have been telling Mabel's Labels that they need labels for the classroom.


--
Disclosure: I'm a Mabel's Labels Buzzmama and I receive free products for my involvement in the program. I'm also a Mabel's Labels web affiliate and I earn a commission if you use the following link to purchase your Mabel’s Labels – Labels for the stuff kids lose!®

No comments: